Food Grains, Pulses, and Sugar
In today’s world, where consumers are becoming more and more conscious about the quality and safety of the products they consume, food packaging plays a vital role in ensuring that the products reach the customers in the best possible condition. And when it comes to food packaging, BOPP laminated labels are the perfect choice.
BOPP, which stands for Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene, is a popular material used in the packaging industry due to its excellent strength, durability, and resistance to moisture and chemicals. When combined with laminating technology, BOPP labels provide an extra layer of protection, making them ideal for food packaging.
Whether you’re packaging dry goods, snacks, or fresh produce, BOPP laminated labels offer the perfect combination of protection, durability, and aesthetics.
Dairy Products, Milk, and Milk Products
• Almost 20% of the total milk produced is being packed and handled by the Organized sector. Out of this 85% of milk is packed in flexible PE pouches. PE pouches are made of LDPE materials.
• Plastic pouches are an economical and durable packing medium for pasteurized milk.
• Other materials used for packaging milk are glass bottles, tetra packs, and plastic containers. Amongst these, Plastic containers are a better choice for packaging.
• Other dairy products for which plastics are used for packing are Curd, Butter ghee, and sweets.
New developments with plastics for the packaging of milk will help in a considerable increase in the shelf life of the milk even at room temperature.
Processed / Semi Processed Food / Bakery products
• Plastic packaging offers better oxygen and moisture barrier properties, for example
• Food packed in PP thermoformed trays can be microwaved before consumption
• Shelf life of pickles, spices, cookies, bread, and many other products is enhanced considerably when packed in pouches made from plastics films
• The appearance of the pouches can be enhanced with modern printing and lamination techniques thus offering a better brand image which leads to more value addition, for example, BOPP for biscuit packaging, 3 layer PET/PE laminates for potato chips.
Nuts and Dry fruits
Dry fruits are often categorized as exotic food items. Its nutritive value and appeal are unmatched across the world. Whether for personal consumption or export purposes, dry fruit needs to be packaged perfectly to retain its freshness, texture, crispiness, flavor, and nutritional properties. Packaging, therefore, plays a crucial role in these kinds of products.
It must be packed in dry fruit packaging pouches that are moisture-proof and air-tight. Besides, it must be transported in ideal condition and should not be damaged in transit.